How physiotherapy can help you
Our chartered physiotherapists are all members of the Health & Care Professions Council and have trained to graduate level in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions.
We like to look holistically at each person and always undertake a detailed history post medical condition, work and lifestyle, to understand the factors behind the cause of your problem.
We can then design a treatment and rehabilitation plan that is appropriate for you, that will include advice on how to prevent the injury from reoccurring.
We have a wide range of experience and expertise in treating many conditions, both sports injuries and any other type of musculoskeletal injury, whatever the cause. Here are some of the more common injuries that we treat:
- Back Pain: ligament and facet joint sprains, sacroiliac dysfunction, sciatica
- Neck Pain: headaches, stiffness, work related pain, whiplash
- Shoulder: rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, tendonitis, muscle imbalance
- Elbow and Wrist: tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, tendonitis, overuse injuries
- Hip: groin strain, bursitis, joint dysfunction
- Muscle: strains and tears eg hamstring or calf
- Joint Problems: arthritis, biomechanical problems
- Pre & Post-Operative care: including hip and knee replacements, shoulder arthroscopy, ACL repair and we also specialise in Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation
- Fractures: treatment to increase the healing rate and to regain full function
- Chronic Pain: we have many different ways of treating this condition
- Neurological Conditions: stroke, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, shingles, head injuries
- Chest Conditions: both medical and surgical
- Gynaecological conditions: including stress incontinence and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Ante and Post Natal Care. We have a physiotherapy led exercise class for mothers and pre-crawling babies with one of our physiotherapists, Lizzie at Heather Farm.
We use a number of different techniques to treat our patients and these include:
- Soft & deep tissue massage
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Laser therapy
- Muscle balancing & strengthening
- Exercise advice: including access to full gym equipment and pool
- Postural advice and realignment